By visiting, browsing, using or attempting to interact with any part of this Website, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Alott Limited, 17 Newton Street, Manchester, M1 1FZ, UK. Our data protection leader is Ross Parlane who is contactable at email@example.com.
Definitions & Interpretations
Collectively all personal information that you submit to Alott Limited via the Website and any identity data, contact data, technical data, profile data, usage data and marketing and communications data we obtain from your contact with us and the Website.
Alott Limited, or we or us:
Alott Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with Company Number 12777928 whose registered office is at 17 Newton Street, Manchester, M1 1FZ, UK.
User, or you:
Any party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Alott Limited and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Alott Limited and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
The website that you are currently using, www.alott.co, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies and government entities;
- ‘including’ is understood to mean ‘including without limitation’; and
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it.
Information We Collect From You
- We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in the form on the contact page on this Website, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our Website such as subscribing to our newsletter, searching for a product, placing an order, and when you report a problem. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number and/or credit card information. We ask that you do not send us or disclose any sensitive information on or through the Website or otherwise, being personal data relating to: racial or ethnic origins, political opinions; religious or other beliefs; health or medical conditions; trade union membership; sexual orientation; or criminal background. If any sensitive information is freely available or accessible in the public domain, we will not have any obligations to you regarding that information.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, those pages response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, methods used to browse away from the page.
Our Use of Data
- We retain the information we collect for no longer than is reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collect the information and to comply with our legal obligations
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third-party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and/ or companies within our group.
- All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Act. You acknowledge that you are aware of security and privacy limitations, such as: (a) the limitation of security, privacy and authentication measures and features; and (b) that data or information on the Website or server may be subject to hacking, password theft, electronic fraud and/ or contaminated viruses.
- Any or all of the Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide the best possible service and experience to you. Specifically, Data may be used for the following reasons:
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- responding to your enquiries;
- providing you with goods and services that you request;
- sending you marketing communications and other information or materials that may be of interest to you or which you have expressed an interest in receiving;
- maintaining our list of contacts;
- better understanding your needs and assessing the effectiveness of our events, promotional campaigns and publications;
- understanding how our products and services are being used and to aid the decisions we make; and
- complying with our legal obligations; responding to legal process or requests for information issued by government authorities or other third parties; or in protecting your, our, or others’ rights, such as exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction
- If we require to transfer your Data outside of the United Kingdom, we will only do so where we are sure that there is an adequate level of protection in place for personal data, such as standard contractual clauses where appropriate.
Third Party Websites and Services
- Alott Limited may, from time to time, engage the services of other parties to perform services on our behalf, such as web-hosting companies, information technology providers, web-development consultants, analytics providers, delivery of goods and services, customer services, and marketing and communications services. The providers of such services have access to certain Data provided by Users of this Website.
- We may also share Data with another party when we engage with service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a transaction in which we are acquired by or merged or amalgamated with another company or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our assets.
Links to Other Websites
Controlling Use of Your Data
- Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- sharing Data with third parties.
- If you choose to subscribe to the Alott Limited newsletter, we may use the email address you provide to be in touch with you and to provide updates and marketing. You can change your mind at any time and click unsubscribe in the footer of the newsletter, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Payments and Our Store
- Our store is hosted by Shopify. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform which allows us to sell our products to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, database and the general Shopify application.
- In using the Website, you will provide certain personal information to us and certain information about you will be collected by “cookies”. Cookies are small text files placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. The information cannot be seen by any other websites (so the information is secure) and it enables our system to recognise you when you visit our Website again. In doing so, this helps improve our service to you.
- The Website is not intended for persons under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal data from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to register on the Website. If you are under the age of 18, please do not attempt to register on the Website or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under the age of 18 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. We encourage parents to monitor their children’s internet usage and/or to use web filtering technology to supervise their children’s access to the internet.
Compliance with GDPR
- The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is an EU regulation adopted into UK law that adds to other regulations (such as the Data Protection Act 2018) regarding how we use your personal data and communicate with you. As a company, we seek to be in compliance with these regulations.
- Under the GDPR, we will be the data controller for the personal data that we collect about you and you have the following rights:
Access to data:
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. You may request this by contacting us (see Clause 24 below). We do have the right to refuse unfounded, repetitive or excessive requests.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Right to correction:
You have the right, within reason, to correction of the personal data that we hold about you. We will use reasonable commercial efforts to make the changes you request, but it is not always possible to modify database information. To the extent that personal data was provided to third parties, we will not be able to make changes to it. Information may not be completely removed from our database(s) due to technical constraints and the fact that we back-up our systems.
Right to consent:
Right to be forgotten:
You have the right to request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. If you wish for us to remove your personal data, please contact us (see Clause 24 below).
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as advised in Clause 24 below. When making your request please provide:
- your full name and email address; and
- details of your request and the information you want. Please be as specific as possible, and if it is not obvious, it would be helpful if you could explain why you expect us to hold your personal data.
We may also ask you to provide further information in certain circumstances including to clarify the terms of your request or to confirm your identity.
- We rely on the following legal grounds to process personal data:
Performance of a contract:
We may need to collect and use personal data to enter into a contract with you or to perform a contract that you have entered into with us.
We may need to collect and use personal data to comply with legal obligations to which we are subject.
Post: 17 Newton Street, Manchester, M1 1FZ, UK
Telephone: 07595 341 066
- We are registered with the Information Commisioner’s Office (ICO) under the Data Protection Register, our registration number is ZA829892. You have the right to complain to the ICO (www.ico.org.uk) if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your personal data. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concern before you approach the ICO, so please contact us in the first instance.